Slide If you are in immediate danger please call 999 Domestic Abuse Useful Contacts USEFUL CONTACTS Often knowing where to get help
can be the biggest hurdle.

LDAS have compiled information with our survivors

that they felt would be useful to all survivors.

Please navigate the links below if you are unsure of what is available in your area. We hope you find this helps.

silent solution

If you can not speak to the police you can still dial 999.

Listen to the questions and respond by making a noise such as coughing or tapping the handset. On mobiles, if prompted, press 55, which lets the operator know it is a genuine emergency and you will be put through to the police. (Note, if the operator does not hear anything from you, they will hang up.)

emergency SMS

If you cannot make voice calls, you can contact the 999 emergency services by SMS text from your mobile phone. It has been designed specifically for people with hearing loss or difficulty with speech. You will have to be registered with the service beforehand.

It is recommended if you require this service you register before an emergency takes place. To register, text register to 999, you will get a reply then follow the instructions you are sent. In an emergency you can text 999, then tell them which service you need e.g Police, what is going on and where the problem is happening i.e. your address.

victim care merseyside

Links to support services for victims of crime across Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens and the Wirral.

witness service

The witness service can provide free, practical, emotional support and information if you are called as a witness to give evidence in a criminal court case.

For more information give them a call on 0300 332 1257

at LDAS we are funded to deliver support
to residents who live in liverpool.

below is some further information that may help.

if you are in Liverpool

citizens advice bureau

General Advice (Work, benefits, housing, family and immigration)

Phone: 0344 848 7700
Whatsapp: 07468 533 492

Debt Advice: 0300 330 1196

Help with Universal Credit: 0800 144 8 444

Pensionwise: 0800 138 3944

European Settlement Scheme: 0151 522 1400 extension 5002

LGBT Hate Crime: 0151 522 1400 extension 5006

Self-Employed Financial Capability: 0151 522 1400 extension 5011

LCSS (liverpool citizens support scheme)

0800 456 1523 or 0151 233 3053

If you find yourself in a crisis you can apply for support to get food and basic necessities for you and your family including gas and electric vouches (urgent needs) and furniture and home essentials (home needs). See eligibility criteria or you may be eligible if you experience an ‘emergency or crisis’ which includes moving due to violence or fear of violence. LCSS may also be able to help with costs associated with the move itself.


0151 707 1826 or 07708 381 568

WHISC work to improve the health and wellbeing of women and their families throughout Liverpool and the surrounding areas.

vauxhall law centre

0151 482 2540

Offers a free advice service for welfare benefits and debt matters.


0141 482 2475

Advice and assistance with benefits, debts and money management issues.

we are with you (drug or alcohol misuse)

Liverpool Central: 0151 706 7888

South Liverpool: 0151 471 7784

North Liverpool: 0151 546 1141

alcoholics anonymous

0800 9177 650

national domestic violence contact numbers & links

national domestic abuse helpline (refuge)

Freephone:0808 200 247(24 hours)

Same number for elder abuse, honour based violence/forced marriage helpline

women’s aid

Online chat available on their website. They also have a domestic abuse directory to find support in your local area and lots of great resources.

rights of women (family law advice)

020 7251 6577

rights of women (criminal law advice)

020 7251 8887

age uk

Advice Line: 0800 678 1602

Age UK are able to help an older person at risk of domestic abuse.

female genital mutilation helpline (FGM)/NSPCC

0800 200 247

galop helpline

0800 999 5428

For lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

jewish women’s aid helpline

0808 801 0500

endeavour project (temporary fostering of pets)

01204 394 842

polish domestic violence helpline

01270 250 390

respect phone line

0808 802 4040

karma nirvana

0800 5999 247

Supporting victims of honour-based abuse and forced marriage.

forced marriage unit (FMU)

020 7008 0151

Foreign Commonwealth Office Advice on forced marriages.

victim support

0808 168 9111

hourglass (elder abuse)

0808 808 8141


0800 107 0726

we're here for you.

get support today.